Full Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for the Taco Bell Pumpkin Craving Competition (the “Promotion”)
By entering the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these “Terms and Conditions“). Promotional materials relating to the Promotion, including all information on how to enter the Promotion, also form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotion materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
- The promoter of this Promotion is Taco Bell UK & Europe Limited (company number: 92891700) whose address is at Orion Gate, Guildford Road, Woking, GU22 7NJ, United Kingdom (“Taco Bell”).
- Participants must be at least 18 years old and legally resident within the United Kingdom. Employees and agents of Taco Bell or any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies and their immediate families and members of their households and anyone otherwise connected with operation or fulfilment of the Promotion are not eligible to take part. Taco Bell reserves the right to require participants to prove that they are eligible. If a winner is found to be ineligible, Taco Bell reserves the right to award their prize to another participant and to require the return of any prize already awarded.
- The Promotion commences at 12:00 PM UK time on 21st October 2022 and all entries must be received by 7:00 PM UK time on the closing date of 30th October 2022.
- The Promotion will be administered by Taco Bell’s Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok pages (the “Website“). Use of script, macro or any automated system to enter the Promotion is prohibited and entries made (or which appear to have been made) using any such system may be treated as void. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected. Participants may make a maximum of one entry into the Promotion. Any entries in addition to this may be disqualified. Participants may only win one prize per person, irrespective of the number of entries submitted. At the end of the Promotion, participants’ entries will not be returned to them.
- Entry to the Promotion is free; no purchase is necessary. To enter the Promotion, participants must follow Taco Bell’s Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok accounts and submit a photo of their Taco Bell inspired pumpkin craving. Participants can also enter the Promotion by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of their Taco Bell inspired pumpkin craving. Entries submitted by any other means will not be accepted: only those submitted via the official method of entry.
- Participants agree that any copyright and other intellectual property rights vesting in their entry to the Promotion will be owned by the Promoter and to this effect, by entering the Promotion, participants agree to hereby unconditionally and irrevocably assign to the Promoter, as legal and beneficial owner and with full title guarantee, by way of present assignment of all present and future rights, all rights, title and interest in all intellectual property rights in or arising out of their entry to the Promotion, for the full duration of such rights. Participants also hereby agree to irrevocably and unconditionally waive any and all moral and similar rights vesting in their entry to the Promotion and to undertake to execute all such documents as are reasonably required by the Promoter to perfect the transfer or assignment of all rights, title and interests referred to in these Terms and Conditions to the Promotor. Participants hereby represent and warrant that they have all rights necessary to grant the rights provided for in this paragraph 6, and that all materials forming part of their entry to the Promotion, and any use of such materials by or on behalf of the Promoter, comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations and do not infringe or otherwise violate the intellectual property or other rights of any third party.
- Participants represent and warrant that they have obtained all rights, licences, and permissions necessary, in writing, from any person who may have helped create and/or be featured in their entry, that their entry to the Promotion fully complies with these Terms and Conditions and: (a) is their original work and does not include the work of a third party, or if it does include such work that they have obtained all rights, licences, and permissions necessary, in writing; (b) has not previously been submitted in any competition or other promotion and has not won an award or prize of any kind; (c) does not contain any use of the names, likenesses, photographs, or other identifying elements, in whole or in part, of any person, living, or dead without permission (proof of which must be provided to the Promoter upon request); (d) does not include trade marks, logos, or copyright protected material which belongs to third parties without permission (including, but not limited to, company names, music, photographs, motion picture or television programme clips or audio tracks, works of art, or images published on or in websites, television, movies, or other media); (e) is not subject to any third party agreements and the Promoter will not be required to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity as a result of its use (as set out in these Terms and Conditions) or the exploitation of the idea or video or rights therein; (f) does not defame, misrepresent, or contain disparaging remarks or any other content which could adversely affect the name, reputation or goodwill of the Promoter or any other individuals and/or entities (the determination of which shall remain in the sole discretion of the Promoter); (g) does not contain pornographic or sexual content, hateful or discriminatory content of any kind (including racism, sexism, etc.), does not contain content which promotes violence or harm to another living creature or any other offensive, obscene or inappropriate content (the determination of which shall remain in the sole discretion of the Promoter); (h) does not include threats of any kind or anything that may intimidate, harass, or bully anyone, or invade the privacy of any person (the determination of which shall remain in the sole discretion of the Promoter); (i) does not violate any applicable law or include any content that would encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offence; (j) does not feature, refer to, or mention any brands competing with the Promoter; and (k) does not contain any known virus, trojan horse, worm, trapdoor or similar software that may in any way infect or affect any of the Promoter’s hardware or software systems. The Promoter reserves the right to remove or temporarily suspend from the Promotion any content submitted if it suspects any breach of these Terms and Conditions or if it receives any complaint from a third party relating to such content.
- The prizes to be won are a first prize amount of £100 in Taco Bills. A winner is responsible for paying all associated costs that are not specifically stated in these Terms and Conditions. A winner is also personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the prizes. The prizes are as stated and are non-exchangeable and non-transferable. There is no cash or other alternative to the prizes in whole or in part. By participating in the Promotion, participants agree that the prizes are awarded on an “as is” basis, and that neither Taco Bell nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the prizes.
- The winners of the Promotion will be selected at 9:00 AM UK time on 31 October 2022 and will be the submitted photos chosen at random from all complete, eligible, properly submitted entries received before the end of the applicable closing date.
- The winners will be notified no later than 7 November 2022 by sending Taco Bills to their Taco Bell account. The winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize. The prizes will be sent directly to their Taco Bell account. Taco Bell reserves the right to conduct a further random draw to award their prize to another participant. If a winner has not claimed their prize by the date specified in the notification of winning, Taco Bell also reserves the right to conduct a further random draw to award their prize to another participant.
- In the event that, for reasons beyond Taco Bell’s reasonable control and not related to the winner, Taco Bell is unable to award the prizes as described in these Terms and Conditions, Taco Bell reserves the right to award prizes of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prizes. In the event of a printing or other error resulting in there being more winners than prizes for the Promotion, Taco Bell reserves the right at any time to allocate the available prizes through a further draw or to divide the prizes concerned or the value of the prizes concerned between the winners of the Promotion.
- Taco Bell must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award for the Promotion took place. By entering the Promotion, participants agree to have their first name and county featured in publicity materials relating to the Promotion without further reference, payment or other compensation. This includes making their name and county available on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/TikTok. Such details will also be made available to participants and the public on request by sending an email to Taco Bell at email@example.com no later than 30th October, 2022. If a participant objects to any or all of his or her name and county being published or made available in this way, please contact Taco Bell via email at firstname.lastname@example.org upon entry to the Promotion. In such circumstances, Taco Bell must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
- Although the Promotion may be featured on or administered via social media platform(s), the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with social media platform(s) and you agree that social media platform(s) are not liable in any way. You are providing information to Taco Bell and not to social media platform(s). The information you provide will only be used for the purposes referred to in paragraph 13 below.
- Taco Bell reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Promotion in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Promotion is not capable of being conducted as specified within these Terms and Conditions or in the event of a virus, a computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of Taco Bell that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Promotion. Neither Taco Bell nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies are responsible for any condition, circumstances, losses, failures or delays caused by events beyond its or their control such as (but not limited to) the acts or defaults of any supplier selected by Taco Bell to provide the prize or otherwise that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted, or that may lead to loss or damage of the prizes in transit to the winners.
- Save where it has been negligent, Taco Bell will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants’ entry into the Promotion or their acceptance and/or use of the prizes, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit their ability to participate in the Promotion. Taco Bell will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, defaced, incomplete, illegible or otherwise unreadable entries. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt by Taco Bell of any entries. Proof of posting, transmission or handing in is not proof of receipt by Taco Bell of any entries. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit Taco Bell’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited.
- Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Promotion in a manner, which in Taco Bell’s reasonable determination is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other entrants (including without limitation tampering with the operation of the Promotion, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Taco Bell and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Promotion at Taco Bell’s sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Promotion, Taco Bell may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Promotion as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising as a result of such actions.
- All Taco Bell’s decisions in relation to the Promotion are final and Taco Bell will not enter into any correspondence with participants.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions.
 You must detail all restrictions that may be applicable to entry, including those which are geographical or technological in nature in addition to personal restrictions (such as minimum age restrictions), together with any additional restrictions highlighted to you by any third party prize provider bearing in mind the product or service to form the prize.
 Unless the prize is time critical (e.g. tickets to a particular event), it is recommended that winners are given at least fourteen (14) days to claim their prize.
 You may need a separate signed consent/waiver from the winner to make use of a winner and their details in advertising materials and to also record any consents required for data protection compliance reasons. Please speak to the Taco Bell Legal team before making any use of winners’ details other than for providing a list of winners to the promotion upon request (when only surname and county for each should be provided).